Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October 1st!

Hi everyone :-)

Happy October! I love the fall, and all fall decorations. All the ambassadors have helped to decorate the office, so we have some wonderful arts and crafts hanging from the ceiling and on the wall. Looking around I see a Frankenstein, a pirate pumpkin, a haunted house, a ghost, a spider and a black cat -- as well as some fun Halloween jokes.

So this week has been really stressful so far, and it's only Wednesday. Last night I tried to figure out what flights I'll be taking to and from London. Three of my friends who are going to London with me already booked a flight together, so now I really have to figure out my stuff so I can take the same flight as them. My mom is coming out after my semester is over to do a 10 day travel vacation to France(for 5 days), Belgium(for 2 days) and then Amsterdam(for 3 days). I'm so excited, but we haven't made any finalized plans yet, so it's hard to decide which day my return flight home will be. Very stressful considering I've never booked flights before or anything like that. But besides that, I'm so excited for London... and I can't wait to travel after the semesters over! During the semester I'm planning on traveling as well, but mainly staying on the British Isle and of course making the trek over to Ireland for spring break!

Also, for all of you who are interested in, or looking to get more involved in politics, the vice presidential debate is Thursday!! So excited for it. The best thing about debates is that they can really go either way - there's not teleprompter telling the candidates what to say, and even though they do tons of preparation, the answers are still completely spontaneous. As I said in my first blog, I wrote an article on both Governor Palin and Senator Biden for The Suffolk Voice, our online newspaper. Here's a link to my article, if you're interested in learning some background info on the VP picks.

Today, Whitney left us an envelope of square cloths, and asked us to decorate a square to contribute to a quilt being made for St. Jude's Hospital. Jill and I both made some really cool square :) On mine I quoted Eleanor Roosevelt, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." And I cut out little pink and purple hearts to jazz up the cloth a little bit.

That's all for now, have a great week and weekend everyonee!

rachel

No comments: